Old 22-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Dicky

Default Orchid Shops

Are there any Orchid Shops in US or other countries that near Hong Kong can
accept ordering paphs?
Or are there any shop owners can contact me for ordering Paphs from foreign
countries, because i cannot find these paphs in Hong Kong. Even though hong
kong orchid shops have, they are quit expensive.
1). Paph. bellatulum var. alba
2). Paph. druryi
3). Paph. leucochilum var. alba
4). Paph. fairrieanum
I know Australia - P & R orchids have one of these
paphs - Paph. druryi cost $15 - $18. But there have no response when i have
sent there an email.
Please HELP!!!!
--
---

Visit this website to get more information about gardening and buy flowers
securely!
http://www.dickyhorticulture.freehomepage.com

Old 22-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Ray

Technically, one cannot sell paphs internationally, as all are CITES Appendix I plants.

http://www.cites.org/eng/append/index.shtml

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 22-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Rob Halgren

Ray wrote:

Technically, one cannot sell paphs internationally, as all are CITES Appendix I plants.

http://www.cites.org/eng/append/index.shtml

Doesn't that apply to just species? I can order hybrids out of Taiwan
or Thailand... At least I think I can. Or flasked material. Haven't
tried it yet, but I've considered it.

Of course that doesn't help Dicky since he wants species. Perhaps you
can order them in flask? In this case patience is a virtue, but most of
those species will bloom a couple years out of flask.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
Old 26-04-2004, 04:08 AM
theoneflasehaddock

Subject: Orchid Shops
From: Rob Halgren
Date: 4/22/2004 8:54 AM Central Daylight Time
Ray wrote:

Technically, one cannot sell paphs internationally, as all are CITES

Appendix I plants.

http://www.cites.org/eng/append/index.shtml

Doesn't that apply to just species? I can order hybrids out of Taiwan
or Thailand... At least I think I can. Or flasked material. Haven't
tried it yet, but I've considered it.

Of course that doesn't help Dicky since he wants species. Perhaps you
can order them in flask? In this case patience is a virtue, but most of
those species will bloom a couple years out of flask.

As long as they are grown from flask, and apply for a CITES permit (which can
cost a bit of money) it's possible.

And as you said, hybrids are exempt.

-

theoneflasehaddock