Old 27-04-2004, 05:04 AM
Dustin

Default cattleya schilleriana

I am looking for this Cattleya. I saw one at a show this past weekend
and I am dying to get one. I have never kept a catt before, I am so
used to seeing the hybrids, the big frilly flowers don't do much for me.
Is this a difficult species to keep? Any ideas on who migh have one for
sale?
Old 27-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Pat Brennan

Alan from Gold Country Orchids was selling them at the NY show a few weeks
ago. If you like schilleriana, you might also look for C. aclandiae.

Pat

Old 27-04-2004, 02:04 PM
TRAINMAN9

I am looking for this Cattleya. I saw one at a show this past weekend
and I am dying to get on

The Little Greenhouse in Maryland had blooming size plants available for
$35-40.
Old 27-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Diana Kulaga

Dustin,

If My memory is correct, you're in FL? If so, are you going to Redland next
month? Lots of species down there, always, and I would expect that there
will be schillerianas.

Diana

Old 28-04-2004, 12:04 AM
Dustin

Yeah, I am in Florida. I wont be able to make Redlands, I am going to
be in Germany. I am very bummed about missing it, I was hoping to be
able to go and finish off my phal species collection. Maybe next year.

Dustin

Old 02-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Hi there
I know where you can buy them in Europe, so that's no help. But just to
inform you, both c. aclandie and c.schilleriana are not the easyest of
catt's. I have a schilleriana and it is the only catt that realy won't grow
well.
Cheers
Peter

"Dustin " schreef in bericht

Old 03-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Dustin

I will be in Europe at the end of this week. Wont be able to get any
plants home though. I found a few places with both species here but I
havent spent much time looking at their "exact" requirements quite yet.

Dustin