Old 21-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Unefer1

Default Looking for species orchids

I am currently on the look to increase my species orchid collection, mainly
native florida orchids, if anyone can help or know of a source where I can
buy plants , it would be greatly appreciated.
Somone has to be growing these endangered beauties or propogating them for
sale .
Thanks a bunch , and Good growing
Todd

Old 22-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Mick Fournier

Todd,

Click on: www.OrchidFlask.com

I say **** on hybrids... species are the only orchids worth collecting. As
far as Florida orchids go there are only two worth collecting, all the rest
are boring and ugly.

Mick (from Florida)
==================================

Old 22-05-2004, 02:06 AM
Frank H. Kirchner

Mick,
Andy's Orchids is a wonderful source for species. They are very helpful
and informative. I have purchased several plants from them and they are
always healthy and the plants are shipped with care. Couldn't ask for
better people to deal with.

Good luck.

Frank
. ..

Old 22-05-2004, 03:04 AM
NOOK

I have purchased NBS and BS plants from Oak Hill. nice stuff, good
prices and good quality plants.I have Also purchased from
http://www.clanorchids.com/ with excellent results.They are in Fla.

"and don't you eat that yellow snow"
NANOOK

Old 22-05-2004, 03:04 AM
NOOK

Mick... you funny!

never miss an opportunity do ya?

NOOK

Old 22-05-2004, 03:04 AM
NOOK

I have also been communicating back and forth with
http://www.speciesorchids.com
To get a very large order of flasks (large for me any way) from them.
I can't say how they are yet. My flasks won't be ready untill July,
but dealling with them has been a pleasure. Very quick responce,
indepth explinations, has filled my list totally and seem like they
care.
For one or two plants it would not be worth it to import from them and
I don't think they have many native Fla plants

If ya really really wanted something from them let me know and I can
probably use my little green stickers from the USDA to get them to me
in fairly good time and I can shipem to you. I would tack them on the
order for the July shipment.

OH ya also check the seedlings portion at:

http://troymeyers.com/

"late at night is when they come out"

Old 22-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Dustin

I ordered from speciesorchids a couple of months ago. A whole bunch of
Phal flasks. I only heard one person complain about them, but my
experience was great. I guess I won't be able to say exactly how good
they are until they bloom though. Its too bad the shipping costs so
much, I would love to order some more.

Dustin

Old 23-05-2004, 07:19 AM
profpam

Todd,

Try http://www.orchidflask.com

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System -- the first in orchid management systems
and databases http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html