GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   aos mag--june (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/62900-aos-mag-june.html)

unknown 02-06-2004 02:07 AM

aos mag--june

on the last page of the current issue is an ad from Selby about the
kovachii (peruviana) situation; basically the "we're sorry; we've been a
bad little greenhouse and are doing our court ordered community service"
type of thing.

interesting interesting....

(oh and a damned gorgeous woodstream paph on the cover--and i'm not even
a paph kind of person....i wonder how much they'll want for a
seedling...)

--j_a

K Barrett 02-06-2004 05:06 PM

aos mag--june

more interesting is that they say they put their apology in 'orchids'
because its the biggest orchid publication in the US.

Sounds like a good advertising tag line 'As seen in Orchids, the largest
orchid publication in the USA!'

wendy7 02-06-2004 05:06 PM

aos mag--june

I don't get the magazine anymore but from what you say, sounds like they
got a slap on the wrist?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Diana Kulaga 02-06-2004 11:08 PM

aos mag--june

I'm betting that they were ordered, as part of the settlement, to place an
'acceptable' ad in the 'largest circulating orchid magazine'.

Diana

janet_a 02-06-2004 11:08 PM

aos mag--june

"wendy7" wrote in message news:nSmvc.32296$oi5.8021@fed1read07...
I don't get the magazine anymore but from what you say, sounds like they
got a slap on the wrist?

--

it didn't say how much they got fined, but i thought i read somewhere
they plea bargained it down to only a few thousand dollars....

--j_a

unknown 03-06-2004 02:03 AM

aos mag--june

In article . net,
"Diana Kulaga" wrote:

I'm betting that they were ordered, as part of the settlement, to place an
'acceptable' ad in the 'largest circulating orchid magazine'.

yes exactly. and thhey had to cite chapter and verse the laws they
violated.

-giggle-

--j_a