GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Taking care of draculas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/62969-taking-care-draculas.html)

RM 03-06-2004 04:03 AM

Taking care of draculas

I have a couple of draculas that I got for the first time and I'm wondering
how to report them. Can they be mounted on a piece of wood with some green
moss? Suggestions?

J Fortuna 03-06-2004 02:03 PM

Taking care of draculas

Too late. We have already contacted the International Vampire Association on
your behalf, telling them you've got a couple of Draculas to report. :-)
Joanna

"RM" wrote in message
I meant to say repot them.

Gene Schurg 04-06-2004 12:03 AM

Taking care of draculas

Keep the Garlic and crosses away from them!

(obviously I know nothing about this variety)

Gene

GrlIntrpted 04-06-2004 04:04 PM

Taking care of draculas

Hi there RM,

I keep my Dracs in complete shade and keep them moist. I'm a bit neglectful
of them, and that's why I grow the one's that can be "abused". I grow mine
in wooden baskets. They stay outdoors in the summer until practically the
first frost. Mine are potted up in tern fern fiber, a bit of shredded
coconut husk, osmunda fiber, and some ordinary small grade orchid mix. They
rebloom for me (though not as full as they do for those that actually take
care of theirs). I'm starting to lose interest in them.

Mariana