Old 05-06-2004, 11:13 PM
J Fortuna

Default summer-blooming Phals question

My understanding is that summer-blooming Phals (such as Phal violacea or
Dtps that are close to Doritis) do not need the night-day temperature
difference to initiate spiking, right? Is there anything that one can do to
encourage these summer-blooming Phals that maybe it's time to put out a
spike?

I know I am impatient, but I really really would like them to rebloom for
me, especially my Dtps Telitha Gem that was my very favorite last year when
I got it, and if there is anything that I can do to encourage it to rebloom,
I shall.

Please don't say that I need to ignore it, and pretend that I don't care
whether it respikes or not, because that would be too hard for me to do. :-)

Joanna

Old 05-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Claude

Hello Joanna!

I have a Dtps. Taisucco Lemon who has been growing leaves and roots like
crazy since 2 to 3 years. I was growing it in S/H, under fluorescent.
Last april, I decided to put it on my windowsill, just for fun.
Guess what, it is growing a spike!
Maybe the change of light, i don`t know!

Go to my page and click on Blooming and Spiking album to see it.

Claude

http://www.picturetrail.com/phalguy

P.S: My cornu-cervi is opening today, I will add a picture tomorrow!

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
news | My understanding is that summer-blooming Phals (such as Phal violacea or
| Dtps that are close to Doritis) do not need the night-day temperature
| difference to initiate spiking, right? Is there anything that one can do
| encourage these summer-blooming Phals that maybe it's time to put out a
| spike?
|
| I know I am impatient, but I really really would like them to rebloom for
| me, especially my Dtps Telitha Gem that was my very favorite last year
when
| I got it, and if there is anything that I can do to encourage it to
rebloom,
| I shall.
|
| Please don't say that I need to ignore it, and pretend that I don't care
| whether it respikes or not, because that would be too hard for me to do.
:-)

Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Tom Randy

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:17:07 +0000, J Fortuna wrote:

Please don't say that I need to ignore it, and pretend that I don't care
whether it respikes or not, because that would be too hard for me to do. :-)

Joanna

I've had a Dtps "Barbie" now for a year (in bloom when I bought it) and
it's just now sending up a spike. I'm THIRLLED!

Tom

blistery summer and the Phlox is blooming!? madgardener Garden Photos 0 05-07-2007 04:23 PM
Blooming Size Cats, Dens and Phals gerald Orchids 12 13-04-2007 02:54 AM
spines and summer surprises, summer regulars and total garden MADNESS again........... madgardener Gardening 4 10-07-2003 03:20 AM
Sulking phals Ted Byers Orchids 5 21-03-2003 03:56 PM
mini phals rajiv Orchids 18 18-02-2003 03:39 AM