Old 14-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Cristof Falk (198842)

Default Dendrobium blooming techniques?

I live in the Los Angeles area, and have a large number of orchids.
Among those are dendrobiums. With the exception of one, I get good
leaf and root growth, but have not had any blooms.

This is in an apartment, with south facing window (soon to be
west-facing).

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cristof
Old 14-07-2004, 04:03 PM
K Barrett

I wonder if there is a coating on the window that won't let certain light
wavelengths in?

K Barrett

Old 14-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:50:44 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

I wonder if there is a coating on the window that won't let certain light
wavelengths in?

K Barrett

If you bought them in bloom, so we know they are "old" enough to
bloom, are they Noblie hybrids that need a dry rest to initiate
buds?
SuE
Old 15-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Cristof Falk (198842)

At least 1 or 2 are nobiles. Many of them do not have labels. It's
been about 2-3 years since most dendrobiums have bloomed, nor have the
cymbidiums in several years.

I adopted my 40 orchids from my former roommate (cymbidiums, zygos,
phals, black jewel, oncidium).

Old 12-08-2004, 07:16 AM
James Aldridge

Blooming-size Dendrobium that won't bloom is usually a matter of
insufficient light.

Jim