GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   propagating a date tree? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/80256-propagating-date-tree.html)

jhill 26-07-2004 08:37 PM

propagating a date tree?

Sorry, posted to wrong group!
"jhill" wrote in message
I bought a house that has a nice well producing date tree that the

previous
owner had planted. I would like to start at least one another tree like

it.
Can I somehow start another from the branches or something of this one? If
so how?

Xi Wang 27-07-2004 12:03 AM

propagating a date tree?

Well, I don't know about date trees in particular, but I'd just cut off
a decent sized branch, stick it in water, and wait till it grows roots.
Works for most other plants. Nothing special.

Cheers,
Xi

jhill wrote:
Sorry, posted to wrong group!

Orchidguy 27-07-2004 02:02 AM

propagating a date tree?

I have never heard of anyway other to propgate a date tree except from seed,
it may be best if you can find one for sale somwhere
Bright days and Good luck
Todd

janet_a 27-07-2004 07:09 PM

propagating a date tree?

"jhill" wrote in message ...
Sorry, posted to wrong group!
"jhill" wrote in message
I bought a house that has a nice well producing date tree that the

previous
owner had planted. I would like to start at least one another tree like

it.
Can I somehow start another from the branches or something of this one? If
so how?

mmm yum i love dates. :)

http://www.nizwa.net/agr/dates/dates...datepalm2.html

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t.../datepalm.html