Old 26-07-2004, 08:37 PM
jhill

Default propagating a date tree?

Sorry, posted to wrong group!
"jhill" wrote in message
I bought a house that has a nice well producing date tree that the

previous
owner had planted. I would like to start at least one another tree like

it.
Can I somehow start another from the branches or something of this one? If
so how?

Old 27-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Xi Wang

Well, I don't know about date trees in particular, but I'd just cut off
a decent sized branch, stick it in water, and wait till it grows roots.
Works for most other plants. Nothing special.

Cheers,
Xi

jhill wrote:
Sorry, posted to wrong group!

Old 27-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Orchidguy

I have never heard of anyway other to propgate a date tree except from seed,
it may be best if you can find one for sale somwhere
Bright days and Good luck
Todd

Old 27-07-2004, 07:09 PM
janet_a

"jhill" wrote in message ...
Sorry, posted to wrong group!
"jhill" wrote in message
I bought a house that has a nice well producing date tree that the

previous
owner had planted. I would like to start at least one another tree like

it.
Can I somehow start another from the branches or something of this one? If
so how?

mmm yum i love dates.

http://www.nizwa.net/agr/dates/dates...datepalm2.html

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t.../datepalm.html

--j_a
Old 27-07-2004, 08:02 PM
janet_a

"jhill" wrote in message ...
Sorry, posted to wrong group!
"jhill" wrote in message
I bought a house that has a nice well producing date tree that the

previous
owner had planted. I would like to start at least one another tree like

it.
Can I somehow start another from the branches or something of this one? If
so how?

mmm yum i love dates.

http://www.nizwa.net/agr/dates/dates...datepalm2.html

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t.../datepalm.html

--j_a

Propagating from an olive tree Mike United Kingdom 2 01-05-2006 01:25 PM
propagating a date tree? jhill Texas 6 03-08-2004 12:52 PM
David Wee -- how did the date go??? :) Duncan A. McRae Freshwater Aquaria Plants 13 14-06-2003 04:20 AM
"Burping" gravel + does seachem flourish have a use by date? Jay Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 07-03-2003 11:21 AM
Strawberry via mail: planting date Tim B Edible Gardening 1 12-02-2003 04:55 AM