GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OS Meeting Ideas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/82389-os-meeting-ideas.html)

Diana Kulaga 21-08-2004 10:15 PM

OS Meeting Ideas

All,

I'm going into my second year as veep of our local OS, and I'm in charge of
doing an orchid clinic, which I do myself, and also scheduling speakers. The
speakers are the simple part, since we have many wonderful growers in the
area. Anyone have unique ideas for society meetings? I found a couple of
Kathy's, and I'm definitely going to try them. Repotting, semi-hydro,
mounting, etc, are all pretty much worn thin.

And to get the ball rolling, I'll share a format that I occasionally use,
with great success. I break the attendees into smaller groups (one time I
handed out cards with pictures of 4 different orchids and the attendees had
to find the members of their group without talking - funny), and put someone
experienced in charge of each, doing whatever demonstration I've planned.

All input greatly appreciated!

Diana