GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT - Ivan (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/83793-ot-ivan.html)

Kenni Judd 18-09-2004 10:49 PM

OT - Ivan

I know at least a few posters here must have been impacted by Ivan. Please
let us know you're OK when you can.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

19-09-2004 12:37 AM

Right here, outside of Pittsburgh, PA, we are well -----just a 'disaster
area'. Worry about the orchids outdoors tonite - temps supposed to be in
the mid-40s. Thanks for your concerns and I guess all of us survivors, from
FLA to the Northeast, are looking forward to the END OF THIS SEASON.

Diana Kulaga 19-09-2004 08:32 PM

Kenni, I've wondered about Al & Ray. Ivan really kept going, all the way up
to Albany, NY. NJ had major flood warnings in some counties. And Alabama,
MS and north FL - horrific.

Diana, now down to 6 finger typing!

Diana Kulaga 19-09-2004 08:36 PM

Another thing: I learned that Kent and Cheryl Davis (Lazy Daze) had massive
damage; the whole roof peeled off, as I understand it. Shame.

Diana

Kenni Judd 20-09-2004 12:24 AM

Mid-40s aren't going to hurt any orchid I've ever grown. Blast some buds,
sure, but not hurt the plant.

And yes, I'll be #$@# glad to see the end of this hurricane season.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

Ray 20-09-2004 01:11 AM

The Delaware River is about 25 feet above flood stage, but other than
suffering through a horrific day of rain, it wasn't all that bad here.

My wife and daughter were in NC on college tours, and a couple were total
washouts - who wants to trudge around campus in the rain, anyway?

I stayed home building a deck...

..
ink.net...

Steve 20-09-2004 01:50 AM

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Diana, now down to 6 finger typing!

Six?!?
The last we heard, didn't you still have 8 functioning fingers? What did
you do NOW?

Steve

orchids3 20-09-2004 04:06 AM

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message link.net...
Another thing: I learned that Kent and Cheryl Davis (Lazy Daze) had massive
damage; the whole roof peeled off, as I understand it. Shame.

Diana

Ivan was too far west of of to bother Jacksonville - Have had a house
full of
Airforce people and their families brough here to safety (Sons in the
AF).
They all live in the Ft Walton Beach/Pensacola area.
Francis blew down 6 Oak trees five ft from my shade house area but
didnt hit anything. Not one of my 400 or so cymbidiums blew off the
bench - I now have a
lot better light ;)

Diana Kulaga 20-09-2004 10:13 PM

The Delaware River is about 25 feet above flood stage, but other than
suffering through a horrific day of rain, it wasn't all that bad here.

Glad you are okay, Ray. Wishes were with everybody!

Diana