Old 13-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Gene Schurg

Default My first Paph

And keep the crown dry! Colder nights + bacteria + water in the crown =
blasted flower

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Daniel wrote:

It looks as though I'm getting my first Paph bloom.
There is defininately something other that a leaf coming
out. Should I give it more fertilizer or is too late and just
give is water?

I would treat it just like you have been all along. A substantial
change now might blast the bud. However, for optimal paph growth and
bloom I suggest fertilizing frequently with a dilute fertilizer.
Personally, I use a dilute fertilizer solution every time I water (how
dilute depends on the fertilizer - try 1/8 what it says on the label).
Sometimes I might flush the pot with clear water, but I rarely remember
to do that. You could start fertilizing now, just ease into it gradually.

Regular fertilizing combined with regular repotting (at least every
18 months) should give you excellent slipper satisfaction.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )