Old 24-10-2004, 07:30 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default Marion Fitch perantage ?

Is SLC Marion Fitch " La Tuilerie" the same as SLC Marion Fitch (slc
radicans x lc redskin).

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 25-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Xi Wang

Yes it is.
http://www.rhs.org.uk/research/regis...s.asp?ID=31534

Cheers,
Xi

Old 25-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Susan Erickson

kenty ;-) wrote:
Is SLC Marion Fitch " La Tuilerie" the same as SLC Marion Fitch (slc
radicans x lc redskin).

And although it is a named clone, it is not an AOS awarded clone.
It could be an another group awarded it or just a clone someone
liked enough to name.
SuE
Old 25-10-2004, 03:25 AM
kenty ;-\)

Hi, Xi how did you get the result search on the RHS orchid register.I am
doing something wrong as i never get a result.What did you put for Genus and
Grex to get the result for Marion Fitch?

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 25-10-2004, 06:03 AM
Xi Wang

I'm not sure why you'd be having trouble - sometimes the RHS site is a
bit quirky. I go here

http://www.rhs.org.uk/research/regis...chidsearch.asp

and type in "marion fitch" in the grex field. I leave the genus blank
because most (but not all) of the time, grex names are pretty unique.
Hit search, and bingo.

Cheers,
Xi

Old 25-10-2004, 07:49 PM
kenty ;-\)

Thanks Xi!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 25-10-2004, 07:49 PM
kenty ;-\)

Thanks Xi!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 25-10-2004, 07:49 PM
kenty ;-\)

Thanks Xi!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 25-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Clanorchid

Keith,

Is SLC Marion Fitch " La Tuilerie" the same as SLC Marion Fitch (slc
radicans x lc redskin).

Yes, "La Tuilerie" is a clone of the Slc Marion Fitch cross (grex), which was
mass produced and marketed with that clonal name. At the time, there would have
been other clones of the grex; however, I would guess "La Tuilerie" may be the
only clone still around. Slc. Marion Fitch was registered in 1969 by Ralph
Kiesewetter of NY. Ralph was also the hybridizer of record.

BTW, Slc Marion Fitch is Slc Radians (not radicans) x Lc. Redskin. Radians is
Slc Isabella Royal x C. Princess Royal registered in 1925 by Charlesworth.
Awards search did not find any awards to Slc Marion Fitch, so "La Tuilerie" is
not an awarded clonal name. FWIW, our still hurricane fogged mind vaguely
recalls "La Tuilerie" was one of the clonal names used by Vacherot & LeCoufle,
of France, on their awarded orchids.

Karen and Jerry

Camp Lot A Noise Tropicals (C. L. A. N.)***
Orchid Species, Hybrids, Supplies, Photos and Books
Chat (941) 352-2483 Fax: (941)*351-2483 X 123*Order Only 1-800-351-CITE

Old 26-10-2004, 09:30 PM
kenty ;-\)

Thanks for the info!

--