GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   White fuzz (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/85722-white-fuzz.html)

Heather 25-10-2004 08:18 PM

White fuzz

Help…. I have some sort of white fuzzy stuff on my indoor plants. It
started on the fronds of a lady palm and has killed both those plants.
Now I've seen it on the orchids both the phalaenopsis (under the
leaves and like fluff where the leaf attaches to the stem) and in
the dendrobiums under the leaves. This morning I noticed it in my
Swedish ivy. The only place that I've not yet seen it is in the
cactuses (in the mammillaria family) and on other hanging type plant
with round waxy leaves and small pink flowers (it was a rescue so I'm
not sure what it actually is).
I've tried washing the orchids with a dawn solution and then rinsing
thoroughly but the fuzz has come back. What is it and what can I do
about it.
Thanks
Heather