Old 20-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:23:47 GMT, dd
wrote:
So, how many plants are enough? I think I probably have too many plants
now, especially considering that the ones I have are getting larger and
taking up more real estate. I'd like to cut back to about 80 plants,
eliminating those plants that don't absolutely make my heart sing or
that are not flourishing. Most of the Dedrobiums and Oncidiums could
go, and about a third of the Phals--how many white phals does a person
need?

That is the way I was feeling. I cut the big catts except for
the pair I got from a my mentor and that had lived thru a bad
freeze. Now I find I don't have the showy plant to share as
often. It is hard to display ascda in a basket with 3' of root
going every where.
SuE