Old 10-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Kenni Judd

Paph. Pinnochio also tends to make lots of sequential flowers -- we have one
now that's on it's 8th on the same spike, with another bud showing.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
I have been thinking that the orchids that I enjoy the most are the ones
with the most frequent activities.

What I count as activities include spiking, new branch, new bloom, fading
bloom, new growth, new leaf, kiekie, new aerial roots, etc. -- so I define
activities fairly loosely, if it changes frequently, that's good in my

book.
I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me additional species or
hybrids that I should look at that also exhibit a frequent activity level.
The main caveat is that my light is low to medium at best, and I can

handle
only warm growers that do well in windowsill culture.

Among my favorites that have frequent activities that I have thus far:

Dtps Talitha's Gem (sequential)
Paph Amelia Hart Alexander (sequential)
phal equestris (really neat and very active species, sequential, blooms

more
than once a year, hopefully will kiekie, etc.)
paph malipoense (though it is in spike forever, not a week goes by without
it changing significantly, it's intriguing)

Any additional suggestions will be appreciated, and may go on my wish

list.
:-)

Thanks,
Joanna