GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anyone using Rexius Bark (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/89165-anyone-using-rexius-bark.html)

TRAINMAN9 25-01-2005 03:08 PM

Anyone using Rexius Bark

This bark seems rather difficult to keep wet. Is anyone else having this
problem?

Gerald Keuneke 27-01-2005 07:29 AM

I use the fine Rexius bark for everything in my greenhouse. It does
take a couple of waterings to get it to stay moist. I have found that a
couple drops of dish soap per gallon of water helps break the surface
tension so it wets more quickly. Of course, I also have perlite, pumice
and charcoal in the mix. Paphs and new starts love it. I chose Rexius
because I live near Eugene, where I pick it up from the mill in two
cubic foot bags for $8.00.