Old 01-03-2005, 04:05 PM
RPM1

Default Dried tips on plants

I have two plants out of 30 which have dried browning
tips on the ends of just a few leaves. Both are Vuyls.
They are SH in Prime Agra. Watered weekly weakly
alternating 3-12-6 & 7-9-5. They are in a southeast
window and the sun IS getting stronger these days ...
Any suggestions? More shading? They are otherwise
in good shape and are growing leaves like mad.

I had them all set up according to light needs but they
became shifted around when I was cleaning. Is there
a good at a glance site for light requirements?

TIA

Ruth CM

Old 03-03-2005, 04:54 AM

Ruth:

I read someplace that burnt tips on a plant came from too much
chlorine in the water. Use rain water. Maybe too much fertilizer?
Burr

Old 03-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:05:01 -0500, "RPM1"
wrote:

I have two plants out of 30 which have dried browning
tips on the ends of just a few leaves. Both are Vuyls.
They are SH in Prime Agra. Watered weekly weakly
alternating 3-12-6 & 7-9-5. They are in a southeast
window and the sun IS getting stronger these days ...
Any suggestions? More shading? They are otherwise
in good shape and are growing leaves like mad.

I had them all set up according to light needs but they
became shifted around when I was cleaning. Is there
a good at a glance site for light requirements?

TIA

Ruth CM

Brown tips are often attributed to fertilizer burn. But then
again some plants will do it with no fertilizer. That said -
your schedule suggests salts. You need to wash that fertilizer
out of the pot and the gravel with a good flood of plain water
periodically. If you just alternate between the two solutions
and never flush the pots you can build salts. Water for a month
with out any fertilizer and when you resume water at least once a
month with plain water.
SuE

5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTERMANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOMEBUSINESS... Tonya Thompson United Kingdom 0 28-04-2009 01:30 PM
Dried tips on plants RPM1 Orchids 0 01-03-2005 04:05 PM
Grow lotus plants from seed purchased at your local dried flower store. harry Ponds (alternative) 1 22-07-2004 07:04 PM
Grow lotus plants from seed purchased at your local dried flower store. Dances With Ferrets Ponds (alternative) 0 19-07-2004 04:11 PM
Sprouting Dried Lima Beans (for garden) lagniappe Gardening 13 07-03-2003 10:08 PM