Old 12-03-2005, 07:37 PM
sandra

Default What am I doing wrong?

Hello Everyone,
I'm a fairly new orchid grower, I currently own 3 phals and one
dendrobium phal.
Alright, I was using a warm mist humidifier until I could obtain a
hunter cool mist humidifier.
When I was using the warm mist humidifier I noticed the plants were
growing nicely, now that I'm using the cool mist they're not growing at
all, the last bud on one of my phals has stopped developing.
Could it be the humidifier?
They get nice sun in a lightly shaded west window here in New York
Anyway, I guess I'm just a little worried, the temps as well are about
75 during the day, and 69 at night.
-Sandra

Old 12-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Xi Wang

It's probably a good idea to go back to the warm mist humidifier.
Orchids don't like fluctuating weather conditions. Especially when
there are buds on the thing, bud blast (they turn yellow and fall off)
is always a concern because wildly changing environmental conditions can
be a trigger.

Cheers,
Xi