Old 15-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Phalguy

Default Need advice on Dendrobium!

Hello everyone!

I`m planning to get a Dendrobium parishii pretty soon . I never had a den
before, so what are the basic care?
I read to water and fertilize from spring to late fall the give it a dry
period? Is this true?
Lighting condition?
Thanks

Claude

Old 15-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Ray

Claude,

D. parishii is one of the few dendrobiums I have. Mine is mounted in
coconut husk fiber in a 4" basket hung sideways, and it gets about cattleya
light levels.

I water and feed it just like everything else when in active growth, which
seems to end in the late fall, as indicated by falling leaves. It still
gets water throughout the winter, but no fertilizer. I resume feeding when
buds start to form.

Old 15-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Phalguy

Thanks Ray!

Do you think it may be a good candidate for S/H?

Claude

Old 15-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Ray

The way it grows - somewhat wavy, pendulous canes, I'd say "no."