Old 18-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Ray

Default AOS awards

'Champion" AM/AOS 82 points, 3/8/2002

Twenty-six shapely, French-spotted novelty flowers and seven buds on two
arched, branched inflorescences; sepals and petals white with irregularly
shaped magenta spots; lip burnt orange; substance heavy; texture
crystalline; judges noted that this plant favored the original unmutated
Golden Peoker in appearance.

'Matou' AM/AOS 80 points 3/7/1998

Six flowers and two buds on one inflorescence; flowers light butter yellow
evenly overlaid with magentaspots; lip magenta overlaid yellow giving an
appearance of being orange, white centrally around column.

"Xi Wang" wrote in message
newsiJ_d.717111$8l.302993@pd7tw1no...
Hi list,

I was wondering, can someone with Wildcatt please provide me with the full
award descriptions (including points and date) for the following:

Dtps. I-Hsin Black Jack 'Champion' AM/AOS
Phal. Tsuei You Beauty 'Matou' AM/AOS AM/OSROC

Thanks very much in advance.

Cheers,
Xi

Old 19-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Xi Wang

Hi,

Thanks very much Ray. Just to make sure, 3/8/2000 means March 8, not
Aug 3 right?

Actually, now that I think about it, was Phal. Sogo Grape 'Y.N.' AM/AOS
awarded April 8, 1999 (as opposed to Aug 4). Sorry for the bother, and
TIA again Ray.

Cheers,
Xi

Old 19-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Ray

Yep, I used the month/day/year format on the date.

As to Sogo Grape, it is interesting to note that 'Y.N.' received its
82-point AM at the Taiwan International Orchid Show on April 8, 1999, and
the cultivar 'Y-N' received its 85-point AM at the Pacific Central Center
monthly judging on August 8, 2001.

I'd bet you that 'Y-N' is really just a mistyped 'Y.N.'

Old 19-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Xi Wang

Oh I agree, same with 'YN'. I've also seen a whole bunch of instances
where 'CR' replaced 'Ching Ruey', or 'Shy-Hwa' and "Shih Hua'....it's
understandable though, I guess, since it's such a big/international
industry. There was an Phal. Ever-spring Fairy TSS' FCC/AOS being sold
at a local nursery, and that's supposed to be 'Tokai Silky Star'....I
wonder if I should bother them about that....?

Cheers,
Xi Wang

AOS awards Xi Wang Orchids 0 18-03-2005 11:15 PM
RHS vs AOS Awards Robert Dickow Orchids 38 05-12-2004 06:57 PM
RHS vs AOS Awards Gene Schurg Orchids 22 02-12-2004 06:06 PM
FS- AOS Awards Quarterly 1997-2003 Elpaninaro Orchids 0 09-08-2003 02:35 PM
F/S AOS Awards Quarterly ORCHIDS9 Orchids 0 17-04-2003 08:20 PM