Old 22-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Registered User

Default resurrected from the dead!

Hi everyone, I posted on here about two weeks ago looking for advice about a set of very dead-looking wrinkly-leaved rotten-rooted orchids, to see if it was worth trying to save them, or if they were doomed.

Just to say that, after my crash course in orchid care, three of the 'stumps' are shooting out new roots before my very eyes, the leaves are plumping up and I even have hopes for the tiny fourth one which was super wrinkly and rootless.

I am now looking forward to some lovely blooms and wanted to say thanks for the advice and, to any other newbies out there who think they've killed their orchids, don't despair - there is always hope!

I do have one more wee question though - when do I stop with the orchid growth formula and start on the orchid flowering formula? Is it a certain time of year or a certain stage of growth?

Much appreciated!

Cheers, Bob
Old 22-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Kenni Judd

When we do classes here at the nursery, the hardest concept for my students
to grasp is this: To get the best flowering from your plant, FORGET about
flowers -- put them out of your mind altogether. Concentrate on growing the
plant properly, and it will reward you with flowers when it is ready.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"undergroundbob" wrote in