Old 26-03-2005, 10:16 PM
som

Default Help with ID

hello,

I have this fragnant dendrobium with no name. I have put it in my website
http://www.geocities.com/som_katorn/DSCF3558.JPG

Can anyone help me ID it.

Thanks

Som

P.S. its a link to the flower.. not spam stuff.

Old 27-03-2005, 03:50 AM
Eric Hunt

Som,

This is probably one of the most common orchids found in Southeast Asia - it
even grows in the cities in trees.

Dendrobium crumenatum

http://www.orchidspecies.com/dendrobiumcrumenatum.htm

It typically blooms in response to a drop in temperature and the flowers
only last one day, but the entire plant will be in bloom at once - very
impressive.

Thanks,

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

news:1111875420.e801cf16325bbe440385d07985997d05@t eranews...

Old 27-03-2005, 10:15 AM
keith ;-\)

I am not so sure the flower looks too rounded,to be den crumenatum.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 27-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Eric Hunt

Keith,

Jay's photo isn't the best - the Den. crumenatum we have at OrchidMania
flowers just like the photo posted by Som.

And Som's photo has the distinctive dead-looking end of the pseudobulb
visible, where many of the flowers originate.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 29-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Bob Walsh

Som,

Cruematum blooms following a 10 degree F drop in temperature. Blooms last a
few to maybe five days.
Is that how your orchid acted?

Bob

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM