Old 24-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Back from MN and the AOS show

You all have been quiet G gone 4 days and only 200 posts on
ABPO and 74 on RGO.

John took some shots of the exhibits (no tripod). We will have
to see what he shot. I got back with only 3 Bulbo's from Andy's
and 1 Aerangis citrata from Oak Hill. And the 4 CD set from
Francisco Miranda a/ The Genus Cattleya in Brazil, this was the
basis of the talk he gave. I wish it had been scheduled for 2
hours it was very good.
The Genus Laelia in Brazil, Orchids from the Brazilian Amazon,
and the Genus Catasetum in Brazil. When I catch up with my
students I will take a look. They are html and based on his talks
on the topics. I expect they will be enjoyable.

OK Shopping I know:
Bulbo elevatopunctatum from Thailand
Bulbo biforum Java - cute double that we will try to get a pix
of. It is open now.. not the best shape after 3 days in a
plastic bag and 2 hours under an airline seat on its side.
Bulbo refractum also Java, this one reminds me of the seed pod
spinners on a maple tree. John took a pix of the one in the show.
I hope it turns out.

We never made it out of the hotel so it was TGI Friday's or Hotel
food. The MN hospitality room was delightful and they had the
best Wild Rice Soup - home made of course. I did not manage to
snag the recipe... darn.

10 AOS awards. ! was the Educational Certificate.
There is a rescue group called Woods' End that goes in and
removes Cyps and other natives when roads are to be widened or
people are building in the wild lands. He is licensed by the
state. He also sells some plants if I remember correctly.
Woodsendresuce.com
He did a fabulous exhibit with cyps he had forced. And other
natives.

I don't have good notes - forgot a big enough pad.
live and learn. I do have some.

We flew out on a 6:30 flight... out of the hotel room about
4:30...Central time.. We live 1 time zone west of that. Z Z ZZ
ZZ ZZ ZZZ.
Later crew.
SuE
Old 24-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Diana Kulaga

Sounds like a whirlwind trip! I admire your restraint - only four plants!

Diana

Old 25-04-2005, 03:45 PM
K Barrett

Welcome back Sue!

Which society hosted the Trustees meeting. I wonder if I can get their
photos for the Pac Central web page.... Nah, why do I want to work that
hard, LOL!! I spent the whole weekend closeted with my scanner scanning
documents for the 3 pages I already manage. Small wonder my orchids look
like shit.

K Barrett

Old 25-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:23:20 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Sounds like a whirlwind trip! I admire your restraint - only four plants!

Diana

When you are flying, that creates its own restraint. G I also
can not expand into the great outdoors.

Each is only fist sized. I was not scheduled to buy any. I said
that is all after the first two Bulbo's. G

Then we judged. The third one is crazy. Got to get after John
for the pix.
SuE