Old 02-07-2005, 05:34 AM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 06:57:11 +0200, Reka
wrote:

Diana Kulaga wrote:
It would then be BRAS-sah-voh-la. As far as I know.
I will still say bras-sah-VOH-la! :-)

Reka, I can't wrap my tongue around that emphasis. The first syllable only?

Diana

Well, I guess there is a bit of a secondary emphasis on the "voh" as well.

After this discussion it will be another 6 months before I can
say Brassavola comfortably.
SuE
Old 02-07-2005, 07:27 AM
Dave Gillingham

wrote:

Diana Kulaga wrote:
It would then be BRAS-sah-voh-la. As far as I know.
I will still say bras-sah-VOH-la! :-)

Reka, I can't wrap my tongue around that emphasis. The first syllable only?

Diana

Well, I guess there is a bit of a secondary emphasis on the "voh" as well.

After this discussion it will be another 6 months before I can
say Brassavola comfortably.
SuE

Who was arguing about the pronunciation of "comfortably"? ;-)
Dave Gillingham
Old 02-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Diana Kulaga

Who was arguing about the pronunciation of "comfortably"? ;-)
Dave Gillingham

You mean it's not "comftbly"??
Diana

Old 03-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Dave Gillingham

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:31:43 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Who was arguing about the pronunciation of "comfortably"? ;-)
Dave Gillingham

You mean it's not "comftbly"??
Diana

Hey, you're sounding like a dinky di outback Aussie bushie now!
Dave Gillingham
Old 03-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Ray

I've heard:

cum-Fort-a-blee (mostly in England)
Cumf-ter-blee
Cum-fert-a-blee

ink.net...

Old 03-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Diana Kulaga

"Ray" wrote in message
I've heard:

cum-Fort-a-blee (mostly in England)
Cumf-ter-blee
Cum-fert-a-blee

I can't believe how this thread has morphed. G

Diana

Old 03-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Ray

As long as we don't start seeing stuff like:

chaduin?

Doon OK?

shichyeah

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Old 04-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Dave Gillingham

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 19:35:12 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

"Ray" wrote in message
I've heard:

cum-Fort-a-blee (mostly in England)
Cumf-ter-blee
Cum-fert-a-blee

I can't believe how this thread has morphed. G

Diana

Fun though, wasn't it!
Dave Gillingham
Old 04-07-2005, 06:15 PM