Old 30-06-2005, 03:51 AM
Xi Wang

Default Phal. Liodoro

Hi list,

A while ago we had a thread whereby someone asked for the parentage of
Phal. Liodoro. As I recall, it never got answered because no one seemed
to know.

http://www.regalorchids.co.uk/products-phal.php

This site claims that Phal. Liodoro = Phal. Deventeriana X Phal.
violacea. If so, it would make it synonymous with Phal Sweet Memory.
It could be that they are mistaken; they do say that this phal was
registered in 1982, and so was Sweet Memory. I'm not sure if this helps
any, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Cheers,
Xi
Old 30-06-2005, 03:51 PM
K Barrett

I think that's a typo. They call it Phal Liodoro 'Sweet Memory' when it
should be the reverse (Phal Sweet Memory 'Liodoro') A quick search of
Wildcatt doesn't show 'Liodoro' as a clonal name for any AOS awards, but
since the site you link to is in the UK then there's probably an RHS awards
called 'Liodoro'.

My 2 cents.

K Barrett

Old 30-06-2005, 04:50 PM
keith ;-\)

It is Phal Sweet Memory,I don't know were they are getting Liodora from it
could be P Liodora or Sweet memory they are selling?So still don't know what
Liodora is?
Below is from RHS orchid reg
The International Orchid Register
Orchid search results page