Old 05-07-2005, 03:55 AM
J Fortuna

Default Test

I wonder whether this message will appear in the 5/8/2005 thread of Diana's
as well, or whether Outlook Express just does that when both the Subject and
the From are the same?

Joanna

Old 05-07-2005, 04:00 AM
J Fortuna

Intriguing: this message also appeared in the 5/8/2005 thread, even though I
din not reply to any of the messages in that thread, but posted a new
message with the subject Test.

So it's not just one's own old subjects that one can't reuse without
confusing Outlook Express into placing the message in the old thread, any
message with the same subject that was used by someone else before may
appear grouped with the old thread.

That's so weird!

Joanna

Old 05-07-2005, 04:54 AM
Steve

J Fortuna wrote:

Intriguing: this message also appeared in the 5/8/2005 thread, even though I
din not reply to any of the messages in that thread, but posted a new
message with the subject Test.

So it's not just one's own old subjects that one can't reuse without
confusing Outlook Express into placing the message in the old thread, any
message with the same subject that was used by someone else before may
appear grouped with the old thread.

That's so weird!

Joanna

Yeah, I use Netscape to read the newsgroups and it does the same thing.
I sometimes have a message show up that seems to be a reply to a really
old post but it usually turns out to be a new thread that joined in with
an old one. I have my news reader set to keep messages for a month and
then they are dumped. After that time, it would show up as a new thread,
of course.

Steve
Old 05-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Dave Gillingham

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 23:54:58 -0400, Steve wrote:

J Fortuna wrote:

[...]

I don't seem to have thew problem with Forte's Free Agent - a
dedicated news client, rather than a "do everything" application.
Dave Gillingham

Test test Al Zymer United Kingdom 1 14-03-2003 08:44 PM
test J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 08-02-2003 01:59 AM
test J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 07-02-2003 11:01 PM
test gardener J Edible Gardening 0 30-01-2003 11:54 PM
test Jerry Hoffmeister Orchids 3 30-01-2003 09:26 PM