GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   Daisy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/24634-daisy.html)

skitin 19-05-2003 04:56 AM

Daisy

Hello, I am looking for a plant I saw on the street. It was cornflower blue
with a white center. The flowers were very daisy-like but it was low growing
with very undaisy-like leaves (like a begonia).
I have looked around and no one knows what I'm talking about.

Thank you

Beverly Erlebacher 19-05-2003 02:56 PM

Daisy

In article ,
skitin wrote:
Hello, I am looking for a plant I saw on the street. It was cornflower blue
with a white center. The flowers were very daisy-like but it was low growing
with very undaisy-like leaves (like a begonia).
I have looked around and no one knows what I'm talking about.

Might be Anemone blanda. You plant the tubers or rhizomes or whatever they
are in the fall, and they bloom in spring. In summer they die down, but
they come back every year, or at any rate, for several years. There are
pink and white forms too.

You can find pictures in fall bulb catalogs.

V_coerulea 19-05-2003 09:56 PM

Daisy

By "on the street" did you mean for sale? If so, it could be cineraria.
There are many beautiful hybrids, different sizes. We grow some in the
greenhouse in winter and spring. They don't take the heat well at all so we
grow them as annuals.

. ..