Old 19-05-2003, 04:56 AM
skitin

Default Daisy

Hello, I am looking for a plant I saw on the street. It was cornflower blue
with a white center. The flowers were very daisy-like but it was low growing
with very undaisy-like leaves (like a begonia).
I have looked around and no one knows what I'm talking about.

Thank you

Old 19-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Beverly Erlebacher

In article ,
skitin wrote:
Hello, I am looking for a plant I saw on the street. It was cornflower blue
with a white center. The flowers were very daisy-like but it was low growing
with very undaisy-like leaves (like a begonia).
I have looked around and no one knows what I'm talking about.

Might be Anemone blanda. You plant the tubers or rhizomes or whatever they
are in the fall, and they bloom in spring. In summer they die down, but
they come back every year, or at any rate, for several years. There are
pink and white forms too.

You can find pictures in fall bulb catalogs.
Old 19-05-2003, 09:56 PM
V_coerulea

By "on the street" did you mean for sale? If so, it could be cineraria.
There are many beautiful hybrids, different sizes. We grow some in the
greenhouse in winter and spring. They don't take the heat well at all so we
grow them as annuals.

"skitin" wrote in message
. ..
Hello, I am looking for a plant I saw on the street. It was cornflower

blue
with a white center. The flowers were very daisy-like but it was low

growing
with very undaisy-like leaves (like a begonia).
I have looked around and no one knows what I'm talking about.

Thank you

Daisy and Bee - daisy-and-bee.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 7 31-07-2007 02:29 AM
Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun? Kevin Miller Gardening 4 04-06-2003 12:32 PM
Daisy infested grass John United Kingdom 33 01-06-2003 11:20 AM
Daisy bush Yau-ming Chiam Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Can anyone identify this shrub/tree? Cypress-like leaves, yellow daisy flowers. Cynthia Snowden United Kingdom 2 05-03-2003 03:11 PM