Old 13-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Nathan

Default Questions about plant science occupations

Hello, I am a 25 year old guy from California, who has been
researching different careers available in the plant sciences. I have
spent a lot of time using the internet to track down varying resources
having to do with plant science; the names of careers that seem
interesting to me thus far are Agronomy, Crop Science, and Plant
Nutrition (I think that these are all pretty much the same thing, but
can't be sure, so I list them all). The question I have is this:
does anyone know where I could obtain more information about what a
person in these fields typically does? I am very interested in
Agriculture, but it is such a broad field, that I am finding it very
difficult to find information that is not above my head. All I need
is just a basic outline of typical jobs performed by people in such
fields. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would
simply point me in the right direction. Thanks very much.