Old 07-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Sally Wang

Default Boost Protein Expression by Codon Optimization

Dear Colleague,

Happy New Year!

As we know, codon preference among different species could be dramatically =
different. To enhance the expression level of a foreign protein in a parti=
cular expression system (E.coli, Yeast, Insect, or Mammalian cell), it is v=
ery important to adjust the codon frequency of the foreign protein to match=
that of the host expression system. One classic example is GFP (green flu=
orescent protein) which was optimized to achieve high-level of expression i=
n mammalian cells.=20

GenScript has developed a proprietary algorithm for codon optimization. Th=
is algorithm can optimize sequences for protein expression using either you=
r own codon usage table or those from publicly available codon usage databa=
se. It can converts your amino acid sequence into a DNA sequence with over=
all codon usage similar to a specified organism, and also optimizes the RNA=
secondary structure, GC content, repetitive codons etc. Using Genscript op=
timized synthetic genes, many of our customers have reported dramatic incre=
ase on protein expression.=20

The optimized gene can be synthesized by GenScript gene synthesis technolog=
y with 100% fidelity. The cost is as low as $2.35 per base pair. Our serv=
ice is very flexible, we can clone the optimized gene into our standard vec=
tors (without extra charge), or any expression vector that you provide (for=
$400 extra charge).

Gene synthesis is a powerful technology and it has many other applications.=
Another application example is to replace PCR Cloning. Please visit our =
web (http://www.genscript.com/gene_synthesis.html) to learn more about this=
technology.=20=20

Besides Gene Synthesis, we also provide custom vector-based siRNA, siRNA ca=
ssette, peptide, oligo, cloning and protein expression, biochemical reagent=
s, and labwares. Please visit our web site (http://www.genscript.com) to l=
earn more about our services.

Sincerely,
=20
Sally Wang
Account Manager
GenScript Corporation
120 Centennial Ave.
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Tel: 1-732-885-9188, 1-732-357-3839
Fax: 1-732-210-0262
Email:
Web:
http://www.genscript.com

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D

P.S. If you prefer not to receive GenScript News and Offers in email, ple=
ase follow this link:
https://www.genscript.com/ssl-bin/un...4847W114W8M&e=
, and we apologize

---