Old 06-09-2005, 09:48 PM
tjack

Default Identify this plant?

This plant is about 12 inches across and 10 inches tall, dark green
leaves with no flowers. Each leaf is longated and thick.(about 1/8
inch) At the base of each leaf, there is a short vertical leaf attached
the whole width of the parent leaf. Each leaf sprouts small plants all
along the outer edges, and after about three leaves form the small
plant drops off and takes root quickly.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message .com,
tjack writes
This plant is about 12 inches across and 10 inches tall, dark green
leaves with no flowers. Each leaf is longated and thick.(about 1/8
inch) At the base of each leaf, there is a short vertical leaf attached
the whole width of the parent leaf. Each leaf sprouts small plants all
along the outer edges, and after about three leaves form the small
plant drops off and takes root quickly.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sounds rather like Bryophyllum daigremontianum (aka Kalanchoe
daigretmontiana), which I know as Mother-of-Thousands, but also goes by
the name of Mexican Hat Plant

http://www.bryophyllum.com/b/articles/id/
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 07-09-2005, 01:29 AM
tjack

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message .com,
tjack writes

Old 07-09-2005, 01:32 AM
tjack

Thanks Stewart, You are right on the identity of this thing. I went to
the site you referred and mine is a bryophyllum
crenatodaigremontianum
b.crenatum X . Thaks a million,
tjack