GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can you identify this leaf? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/110441-can-you-identify-leaf.html)

brian0918 08-01-2006 06:04 PM

Can you identify this leaf?

Someone suggested this is a Sassafras leaf, but I don't know enough
about tress to know whether there are any other leaves that look
similar.

http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/matpc/14900/14963v.jpg

Thanks.

P van Rijckevorsel 09-01-2006 10:19 AM

Can you identify this leaf?

"brian0918" schreef
Someone suggested this is a Sassafras leaf, but I don't know enough
about tress to know whether there are any other leaves that look
similar.

http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/matpc/14900/14963v.jpg

***
Curious, a brian0918 inserted this very picture yesterday in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Fig
Apparently he was sure about its identity!?!

The 'fruits' are characteristic: it certainly looks like a fig

http://www.bomengids.nl/usaoctober/p...g_1750leaf.jpg

The leaves bear some resemblance to Sassafras but the fruit does not.
http://www.cnr.vt.edu/dendro/dendrol...heet.cfm?ID=84

PvR

monique 09-01-2006 04:49 PM

Can you identify this leaf?

brian0918 wrote:
Someone suggested this is a Sassafras leaf, but I don't know enough
about tress to know whether there are any other leaves that look
similar.

http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/matpc/14900/14963v.jpg

Thanks.

Fig. The fruit are a dead giveaway. Lucky you, if it's your tree!

M. Reed

speedialer 10-01-2006 06:50 PM

Can you identify this leaf?

brian0918 wrote:
Someone suggested this is a Sassafras leaf, but I don't know enough
about tress to know whether there are any other leaves that look
similar.

http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/matpc/14900/14963v.jpg

Thanks.

Here's a great website for identifying a tree from it's leaves.
http://www.inspire.net/trees

Speedialer

lazno ime 20-01-2006 08:21 AM

Can you identify this leaf?

It¨s "smokva" in my country Croatia, mediteran,
but maybe you can found it in Italy or Greace.

ups.com...