Old 08-01-2006, 06:04 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
brian0918

Default Can you identify this leaf?

Someone suggested this is a Sassafras leaf, but I don't know enough
about tress to know whether there are any other leaves that look
similar.

http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/matpc/14900/14963v.jpg

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:19 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
P van Rijckevorsel

"brian0918" schreef
Someone suggested this is a Sassafras leaf, but I don't know enough
about tress to know whether there are any other leaves that look
similar.

http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/matpc/14900/14963v.jpg

***
Curious, a brian0918 inserted this very picture yesterday in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Fig
Apparently he was sure about its identity!?!

The 'fruits' are characteristic: it certainly looks like a fig

http://www.bomengids.nl/usaoctober/p...g_1750leaf.jpg

The leaves bear some resemblance to Sassafras but the fruit does not.
http://www.cnr.vt.edu/dendro/dendrol...heet.cfm?ID=84

PvR

Old 09-01-2006, 04:49 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
monique

brian0918 wrote:
Someone suggested this is a Sassafras leaf, but I don't know enough
about tress to know whether there are any other leaves that look
similar.

http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/matpc/14900/14963v.jpg

Thanks.

Fig. The fruit are a dead giveaway. Lucky you, if it's your tree!

M. Reed
Old 10-01-2006, 06:50 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
speedialer

brian0918 wrote:
Someone suggested this is a Sassafras leaf, but I don't know enough
about tress to know whether there are any other leaves that look
similar.

http://memory.loc.gov/pnp/matpc/14900/14963v.jpg

Thanks.

Here's a great website for identifying a tree from it's leaves.
http://www.inspire.net/trees

Speedialer

Old 20-01-2006, 08:21 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
lazno ime

It¨s "smokva" in my country Croatia, mediteran,
but maybe you can found it in Italy or Greace.

ups.com...