Old 15-02-2006, 03:39 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Kye

Default Lead for Website

Recently there was a post fom a person seeking a book that one of his
relatives wrote or some such, and there was a reply message that provided a
URL for a very interesting books site.

My server no longer has this message. Can somebody please point me back to
that site???

Kye.

Old 15-02-2006, 09:10 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
P van Rijckevorsel

"Kye" schreef in
Recently there was a post fom a person seeking a book that one of his
relatives wrote or some such, and there was a reply message that provided

URL for a very interesting books site.

My server no longer has this message. Can somebody please point me back to
that site???

***
IIRC it was abebooks.com
PvR

Old 15-02-2006, 12:27 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Kye

Thanks for that

Kye.

"Kye" schreef in

Old 16-02-2006, 12:56 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
John Wilkins

P van Rijckevorsel wrote:
"Kye" schreef in
Recently there was a post fom a person seeking a book that one of his
relatives wrote or some such, and there was a reply message that provided

URL for a very interesting books site.

My server no longer has this message. Can somebody please point me back to
that site???

***
IIRC it was abebooks.com
PvR

www.abebooks.com has a roundup of a lot of secondhand bookstores around the
world. I can find a lot of things there that are not available anywhere else.

--
John S. Wilkins, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Biohumanities Project
University of Queensland - Blog: evolvethought.blogspot.com
Old 17-02-2006, 08:24 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
P van Rijckevorsel

IIRC it was abebooks.com
PvR

"Malcolm" schreef in
www.abebooks.com has a roundup of a lot of secondhand bookstores around
the world. I can find a lot of things there that are not available
anywhere else.

That site should carry a health warning because it is *sooooo* tempting!

"Using this site can seriously damage your wallet!"

***
On the other hand they also carry books that are still in print, charging up
to five times what they cost new.
PvR

Old 19-02-2006, 08:55 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
P van Rijckevorsel

***
On the other hand they also carry books that are still in print, charging

up to five times what they cost new.

"Malcolm" schreef
I've never seen that disparity, can you give an example?

***
I have seen it, although it does not happen all that often.
* * *

And when you say "they", you are actually referring to 13,500 different
booksellers across the world offering their books in a single
marketplace. Prices are bound to vary depending which country the book
was published in and which country the bookseller is in. At the end of
the day, it is always the buyer that chooses what to spend.

***
Sure, it is a big market place. Certainly it offers opportunities that would
not otherwise be there. Still: buyer, beware!
PvR