Old 08-05-2006, 03:32 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Peter Jason

Default Where is Cereus.Valedictus?

Just wondering.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:43 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Kye

I have been wondering that myself. I jhope that he is ok, I miss his
frankness in the various groups.

Kye.

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Just wondering.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:17 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
V_coerulea

True he can id many plants especially xerophytes. But his abrasive attitude
makes you feel kind of like the guy who's banging his head against the
wall - it feels so good when you stop. It feels good to stop biting your
tongue too.
Gary

u...

Old 09-05-2006, 01:39 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Kye

Gary...

I am enlightened by your colourful imagery :P.Whilst he is abrasive at times
(and I understand how this makes ppl feel) I also understand the pure
frustration that is felt by those who suffer genius when having to interact
with the rest of us (even the smart ones)

At least online he cant tell when we are banging our heads against the wall,
and when we are nodding in agreement.

But has there been any word from him in the past six weeks??? Does anybody
know him well enough to confirm that he hasnt left for the greenhouse in the
sky or the repotting/pruning bench???

Kye.

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
True he can id many plants especially xerophytes. But his abrasive
attitude makes you feel kind of like the guy who's banging his head
against the wall - it feels so good when you stop. It feels good to stop
biting your tongue too.
Gary

u...

Old 09-05-2006, 01:41 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Kye

By the way, none of that was meant to be offensive, more tongue in cheek I
think...

Just wanted to make sure I didnt crush any petals...

Kye.

"Kye" wrote in message
u...
Gary...

I am enlightened by your colourful imagery :P.Whilst he is abrasive at
times (and I understand how this makes ppl feel) I also understand the
pure frustration that is felt by those who suffer genius when having to
interact with the rest of us (even the smart ones)

At least online he cant tell when we are banging our heads against the
wall, and when we are nodding in agreement.

But has there been any word from him in the past six weeks??? Does anybody
know him well enough to confirm that he hasnt left for the greenhouse in
the sky or the repotting/pruning bench???

Kye.

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
True he can id many plants especially xerophytes. But his abrasive
attitude makes you feel kind of like the guy who's banging his head
against the wall - it feels so good when you stop. It feels good to stop
biting your tongue too.
Gary

u...

Old 09-05-2006, 11:49 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Mike Lyle

Kye wrote:
By the way, none of that was meant to be offensive, more tongue in cheek I
think...

[...]

It was probably emboldened by years of Internet impunity to make the
fatal error of talking to somebody in real life they way it often did
on Usenet: even if not immediately fatal, the likely consequences would
make a full recovery problematical. People like CV are a threat to the
usefulness of this medium, and have no excuse.

--
Mike.

Cereus -- What *is* this weed? Frogleg Gardening 4 06-09-2004 09:50 AM
Cereus-Validus is an offensive troll escapee Gardening 23 15-04-2004 09:02 PM
Cereus question gwayner Plant Science 17 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
Not Cereus peruvianus jc Gardening 1 20-02-2003 03:15 AM
Cereus question gwayner Plant Science 19 19-02-2003 09:38 PM