GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unknown plants! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/144386-unknown-plants.html)

John 20-05-2006 08:32 AM

Unknown plants!

Hi there.

In our garden we have some plants of which I do not know their names. They
were planted by my father who passed away...

Can anyone identify them?

I need their names for proper keywording, as I shoot them and uploaded their
photos on Alamy image library.
You can look at them if you go to the following link:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photograp...=2&ot=4&o t=8

Thanks for the help. Kindly excuse my non - native English.
John

www.johnmallidis.com

Kye 20-05-2006 11:13 AM

Unknown plants!

The two pictures on the left are Lantanna sp.
the one on the left looks like a hibiscus sp.

Thats all I know of the top of my head from what I can see in the pix. Many
more knowledgable here so hopefully some help forthcoming.

Kye.

Kye 20-05-2006 11:36 AM

Unknown plants!

ooops that should have read...

The two pictures on the RIGHT are Lantanna sp.

mel turner 20-05-2006 06:33 PM

Unknown plants!

"John" wrote in message
Hi there.

In our garden we have some plants of which I do not know their names. They
were planted by my father who passed away...

Can anyone identify them?

I need their names for proper keywording, as I shoot them and uploaded
their photos on Alamy image library.
You can look at them if you go to the following link:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photograp...=2&ot=4&o t=8

The first one is _Hibiscus syriacus_, "rose of sharon":
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/47339/

The second is a _Canna_ species with "wild-type" flowers,
not one of the many cultivated forms with greatly enlarged
petallike parts. Compa
http://www.eeb.uconn.edu/Courses/EEB...a%20indica.jpg

The third looks to be trumpetcreeper, _Campsis radicans_,
or perhaps the Chinese species _Campsis grandiflora_

The last two images are lantana, _Lantana camara_.

Hope this helps.

cheers

John 23-05-2006 07:47 AM

Unknown plants!

Kye & Mel thank you both for your help!!!
John