Old 20-05-2006, 08:32 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
John

Default Unknown plants!

Hi there.

In our garden we have some plants of which I do not know their names. They
were planted by my father who passed away...

Can anyone identify them?

I need their names for proper keywording, as I shoot them and uploaded their
photos on Alamy image library.
You can look at them if you go to the following link:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photograp...=2&ot=4&o t=8

Thanks for the help. Kindly excuse my non - native English.
John

www.johnmallidis.com

Old 20-05-2006, 11:13 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Kye

The two pictures on the left are Lantanna sp.
the one on the left looks like a hibiscus sp.

Thats all I know of the top of my head from what I can see in the pix. Many
more knowledgable here so hopefully some help forthcoming.

Kye.

Old 20-05-2006, 11:36 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Kye

ooops that should have read...

The two pictures on the RIGHT are Lantanna sp.

Old 20-05-2006, 06:33 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
mel turner

"John" wrote in message
Hi there.

In our garden we have some plants of which I do not know their names. They
were planted by my father who passed away...

Can anyone identify them?

I need their names for proper keywording, as I shoot them and uploaded
their photos on Alamy image library.
You can look at them if you go to the following link:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photograp...=2&ot=4&o t=8

The first one is _Hibiscus syriacus_, "rose of sharon":
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/47339/

The second is a _Canna_ species with "wild-type" flowers,
not one of the many cultivated forms with greatly enlarged
petallike parts. Compa
http://www.eeb.uconn.edu/Courses/EEB...a%20indica.jpg

The third looks to be trumpetcreeper, _Campsis radicans_,
or perhaps the Chinese species _Campsis grandiflora_

The last two images are lantana, _Lantana camara_.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Old 23-05-2006, 07:47 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
John

Kye & Mel thank you both for your help!!!
John