GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cauciscan Pine?????????? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/15539-cauciscan-pine.html)

Rory Bennison 19-04-2003 11:08 AM

Cauciscan Pine??????????

Exactly that, is there such a thing as cauciscan pine, we have been asked to
find the botanical names, however this eludes me, I feel it is a typo for
corsican pine, please help..........

Iris Cohen 19-04-2003 01:08 PM

Cauciscan Pine??????????

Exactly that, is there such a thing as cauciscan pine, we have been asked to
find the botanical names,

Corsican pine is Pinus nigra ssp. laricio.
There is also a Caucasian pine, Pinus kochiana.
You will need to find out where this tree came from to get more definite
information.
Not to be flippant, but doesn't your ISP have a search engine for the Web? On
AOL, it took me two minutes to find the above names.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Rory Bennison 19-04-2003 01:08 PM

Cauciscan Pine??????????

Thanks for that, I did find corsican and caucasian pine on the web, however
what is written down on our notes is cauciscan pine that has stumped me,
nothing has turned up, I think its a typo

P van Rijckevorsel 19-04-2003 08:56 PM

Cauciscan Pine??????????

Exactly that, is there such a thing as cauciscan pine, we have been
asked to find the botanical names,

Iris Cohen schreef
There is also a Caucasian pine, Pinus kochiana.

Actually, its name is now Pinus sylvestris var hamata (according to the
Checklist by Farjon)
PvR