Old 19-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Rory Bennison

Default Cauciscan Pine??????????

Exactly that, is there such a thing as cauciscan pine, we have been asked to
find the botanical names, however this eludes me, I feel it is a typo for
corsican pine, please help..........

Old 19-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Iris Cohen

Exactly that, is there such a thing as cauciscan pine, we have been asked to
find the botanical names,

Corsican pine is Pinus nigra ssp. laricio.
There is also a Caucasian pine, Pinus kochiana.
You will need to find out where this tree came from to get more definite
information.
Not to be flippant, but doesn't your ISP have a search engine for the Web? On
AOL, it took me two minutes to find the above names.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 19-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Rory Bennison

Thanks for that, I did find corsican and caucasian pine on the web, however
what is written down on our notes is cauciscan pine that has stumped me,
nothing has turned up, I think its a typo

Old 19-04-2003, 08:56 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Exactly that, is there such a thing as cauciscan pine, we have been
asked to find the botanical names,

Iris Cohen schreef
There is also a Caucasian pine, Pinus kochiana.

Actually, its name is now Pinus sylvestris var hamata (according to the
Checklist by Farjon)
PvR

pine tree for pine nuts jay jay United Kingdom 3 04-10-2004 07:37 AM
[IBC] Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-01-2004 09:28 PM
Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Dish Gardening 4 03-01-2004 08:42 PM
Aleppo Pine & Myrtle Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 28-01-2003 03:37 AM
150' Norfolk Pine in Backyard and growing...help! laurie \(Mother Mastiff\) Gardening 1 24-01-2003 01:03 AM