Old 15-05-2007, 12:08 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default ID

Hi Bruce,

I am pretty sure that it is V. gentianoides. The colour is too light for
the wild V. spicata and the leaves not serrated enough. See:

http://tinyurl.com/2qewms
http://tinyurl.com/36uvk2

It is not a British native, but a nice garden plant by the look of it.

For comparison see: http://tinyurl.com/3drxxh and http://www.biolib.de/
Click on Pflanzen or Plants in menu on left and click on Veronica then key
down to V. spicata to see the leaf.

Peter

"Bruce" wrote in message
k...
Heres a photo showing the leaves. The colour is pale blue with slighly
darker stripes, the picture was taken at a local Wetlands & Wilfowl Trust
in their Eco Garden, I did ask when I was there but the staff I spoke to
were unsure what it was.

Thanks Bruce (Liverpool UK)

Old 15-05-2007, 01:43 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Thanks for your help, it certainly looks like Veronica Spiked Speedwell. Now
I can add it to my small website.

http://www.thefalcon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/puds/

Thanks Bruce UK