Old 03-11-2007, 04:00 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default I need the name of a new species.

A long time ago someone crossed a cabbage
with a radish and produced a new species,
with the foliage of a radish and the root of
a cabbage.

Can anyone remember the botanical name for
this?

Please help, Peter

Old 03-11-2007, 04:30 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
A long time ago someone crossed a cabbage with a radish and produced a new
species, with the foliage of a radish and the root of a cabbage.

Can anyone remember the botanical name for this?

http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/Raphanobrassica
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raphanobrassica

Hope this helps.
cheers

Old 03-11-2007, 06:18 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

"mel turner"
wrote in
message
"Peter Jason" wrote in
message
A long time ago someone crossed a cabbage
with a radish and produced a new species,
with the foliage of a radish and the root
of a cabbage.

Can anyone remember the botanical name for
this?

http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/Raphanobrassica
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raphanobrassica

Hope this helps.
cheers

Thank you, this did help.
Peter

Old 03-11-2007, 10:35 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

In message , Peter Jason
writes

"mel turner"
wrote in
message
"Peter Jason" wrote in
message
A long time ago someone crossed a cabbage
with a radish and produced a new species,
with the foliage of a radish and the root
of a cabbage.

Can anyone remember the botanical name for
this?

http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/Raphanobrassica
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raphanobrassica

Hope this helps.
cheers

Thank you, this did help.
Peter

You can find more on the topic under the names raparadish and radicole.

IIRC, x Brassicoraphanus has priority over x Raphanobrassica.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley