Old 04-08-2008, 08:33 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default finest topsoil from woodlands?

Today I am going to start to transplant my best growing rock-elm
cuttings. It is amazing how fast the
laurel-willow cuttings are progressing. Seems like just a week or two
ago that I made those willow cuttings
without any hormone acid and they are already eclipsing the rock-elm
cuttings in new growth.

Now for transplanting I am going to put them into plastic pots with
top soil from nearby woodland. I find the
woodland topsoil to be the finest soil. Perhaps because of the
microrhizomes (spelling) or the bacteria associated
in woodlands. Now what little topsoil I take from the woodlands is
quickly replaced because of the winter
winds. The woodlands traps some of the wind erosion of topsoil of
barren farmland to the west and north.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium