Old 26-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Beverly Erlebacher

Default Rudbeckia vs Helianthus was SV: Vegetal Identification

Thanks, Monique and Stewart. With all the hybrid and cultivated varieties
around, especially the doubles, I wondered if there was a reliable distinction
for the vegetative parts as well as the shape of the receptacles.

(And then there's Ratibida and Echinacea, although the latter at least
isn't (usually) yellow.)

(And yesterday I saw some chrysanthemums with yellow ray florets and a
solid black disk.)

Old 26-04-2003, 01:23 PM
AhAh

Default SV: Vegetal Identification

Thanks a lot for this pictures... they help me to identify another of my
picture with the Senecio jacobaea

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
In article , GØRAN EDVARD GRANATH
writes
The species on the photo is to 99 % an Leontodon autumnalis agg.
It looks like the Leontodon typus, that grow on rich soil and gets plenty

of
sunlight.

We have many var. and subsp. of the Leontodon Genus here in Norway ,and
still there are a couple
that need looking into, but the species on the photo could have been

taken
in may bakyard !

The English name is Autumn Hawkbit, and the Norwegian name is Følblom.

I've put up a couple of pictures of a similar flower (not so good,
unfortunately - I'll blame poor light), at

http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/Images/Asteraceae.html

This is not _Leontodon autumnalis_; the habit, and shapes of the leaves
and the flower buds differs. I believe that the original image has the
same shape of flower buds as this, which differs from that given in
Keble Martin for _Leontodon autumnalis_. I think it's a _Hieracium_, but
most of these Lactuceae look much the same to me.

(I've also put up an image of what I think is _Senecio jacobaea_.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley