GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Juvenile Foliage in Cypress (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/199468-re-juvenile-foliage-cypress.html)

csd 26-08-2011 03:01 AM

Juvenile Foliage in Cypress

I can't complain. They are definitely growing & looking healthier, albeit still with juvenile foliage. I will leave them out in the fall just until frost, & then give them my equivalent of a Mediterranean dormancy, which is the way I treat most of my subtropicals. They will be in the unheated sunporch until some time in December or early January, just about down to freezing but not below. Then they will go under fluorescent lights until spring. This usually works.
Iris

[email protected] 25-10-2011 09:15 PM

Juvenile Foliage in Cypress

Here it is October, a mild fall, and the cypress are still outside. They continue to look huskier, and the upper foliage is beginning to look sort of scalier.
Iris

[email protected] 15-01-2012 03:54 PM

Juvenile Foliage in Cypress

The cypresses have been indoors under fluorescent lights since the end of October. I am beginning to see tiny bits of more adult foliage here & there. It is a lighter shade of green. When it becomes easily visible, I will post a picture to the Internet Bonsai Club, ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/
Iris