GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cedar vs Cypress (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/34872-re-cedar-vs-cypress.html)

Iris Cohen 30-06-2003 03:08 AM

cedar vs Cypress

Surely "cedar" is three times (or better) worse.

Nah. You have true cypress, false cypress, summer cypress, bald cypress, pond
cypress, Montezuma cypress, Leland cypress, and who knows what?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Sean Houtman 02-07-2003 09:47 PM

cedar vs Cypress

From: (Iris Cohen)

Surely "cedar" is three times (or better) worse.

Nah. You have true cypress, false cypress, summer cypress, bald cypress, pond
cypress, Montezuma cypress, Leland cypress, and who knows what?

There is Arizona Cypress.

Sean

--
Visit my photolog page;
http://members.aol.com/grommit383/myhomepage

Iris Cohen 03-07-2003 03:44 PM

cedar vs Cypress

There is Arizona Cypress. BRBR

That is a true cypress, Cupressus arizonica.

Sean Houtman 06-07-2003 04:08 AM

cedar vs Cypress

From: (Iris Cohen)

There is Arizona Cypress.

That is a true cypress, Cupressus arizonica.

I didn't notice that your list of common names was non cypress cypresses. Duh.

Sean