Old 27-02-2003, 10:59 PM
charlongrat

Default Subscribe

i would like to subscribe to this group.

i am replying to current message:

i am currently a student in Kean University. i think that we can learn
more if we try to cram college level courses into high school or even
middle school level. but in such a case, we will learn only a summary
of a certain subject. i think that it is better to learn more than to
understand it more. sometimes it does require understanding to learn,
but sometime it does not. because our world evolve, better yet
evolutionize constantly, we often have to know more than what we are
expected. we make up laws, concepts, rules, etc. to help us understand
better about the world. because rules, laws, etc. are being
discovered, we need to write it some where so what do we do. exactly!
we are going to cram college level courses into high school or even
middle school so that we can take these college students to another
level.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:51 AM
Iris Cohen

i would like to subscribe to this group.

This is an open newsgroup. There is no subscription procedure.

we are going to cram college level courses into high school or even middle
school so that we can take these college students to another level.

I don't think it works. You wind up with a brain that is a mile wide and an
inch deep. Recent surveys have found that today's American college students
know less than the high school graduates of the 50s.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)