Old 12-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Unchecked Plagues

The problems caused by human
overpopulation are hard to see.

I don't think so. The slums & urban sprawl are everywhere.

A convenient place to start would be to stop
suppressing SARS, allowing it to spread unchecked,
and see how that goes. BRBR

Never mind SARS. Look at AIDS. That is exactly what is happening, especially in
Africa. It doesn't seem to have resulted in an increase in democracy so far. It
will be many years before we see whether it has any effect on the preservation
of the rainforests. Meanwhile, millions are suffering and dying. There must be
a better way to prevent overpopulation.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 24-07-2003, 03:43 AM
Iris Cohen

This is getting utterly ridiculous. Please stick to botany.