GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help with identifying Artemisia absinthium (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/45460-help-identifying-artemisia-absinthium.html)

Richard Wright 15-10-2003 01:02 AM

help with identifying Artemisia absinthium

I need some help with identifying Artemisia absinthium from its
leaves.

The web gives pictures that are inconsistently labelled.

Likewise the nurseries here in Sydney.

There are three pictures of what I am growing posted at

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~richwrig/

The pictures are entitled:

"pot label says Artemisia pontica.jpg"
"pot label says True Wormwood.jpg"
"seed packet says Artemisia absinthium.jpg"

I think that the plant with the image titled "pot label says True
Wormwood.jpg" is in fact Artemisia absinthium. It has a very bitter,
not very aromatic, taste.

I don't think there is any argument with the identification of "pot
label says Artemisia pontica.jpg".

But what might "seed packet says Artemisia absinthium.jpg" be? It has
a very mildly aromatic taste, and is not at all bitter.

/\\/\\ichau 15-10-2003 02:02 PM

help with identifying Artemisia absinthium

I need some help with identifying Artemisia absinthium from its
leaves.
I think that the plant with the image titled "pot label says True
Wormwood.jpg" is in fact Artemisia absinthium. It has a very bitter,
not very aromatic, taste.

Yes, it is A. absinthium.
--
/\/\ichau, msmoczyk(at)wp.pl
Website said: "Use Internet Explorer 5 or better". So i used Mozilla.