Old 15-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Richard Wright

Default help with identifying Artemisia absinthium

I need some help with identifying Artemisia absinthium from its
leaves.

The web gives pictures that are inconsistently labelled.

Likewise the nurseries here in Sydney.

There are three pictures of what I am growing posted at

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~richwrig/

The pictures are entitled:

"pot label says Artemisia pontica.jpg"
"pot label says True Wormwood.jpg"
"seed packet says Artemisia absinthium.jpg"

I think that the plant with the image titled "pot label says True
Wormwood.jpg" is in fact Artemisia absinthium. It has a very bitter,
not very aromatic, taste.

I don't think there is any argument with the identification of "pot
label says Artemisia pontica.jpg".

But what might "seed packet says Artemisia absinthium.jpg" be? It has
a very mildly aromatic taste, and is not at all bitter.
Old 15-10-2003, 02:02 PM
/\\/\\ichau

I need some help with identifying Artemisia absinthium from its
leaves.
I think that the plant with the image titled "pot label says True
Wormwood.jpg" is in fact Artemisia absinthium. It has a very bitter,
not very aromatic, taste.

Yes, it is A. absinthium.
--
/\/\ichau, msmoczyk(at)wp.pl
Website said: "Use Internet Explorer 5 or better". So i used Mozilla.

Artemisia ' escapee Gardening 0 01-05-2004 10:03 PM
Seeds or young plants required: Artemisia Absinthium (aka Wormwood). Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 2 28-02-2004 03:32 AM
Seeds or young plants required: Artemisia Absinthium (aka Sacha United Kingdom 0 24-02-2004 10:25 AM
Seeds or young plants required: Artemisia Absinthium (aka Wormwood). Danny United Kingdom 58 24-02-2004 10:06 AM
Pruning Artemisia Polar Gardening 2 01-04-2003 05:56 AM